What should I do when my Corpus Christi home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your property – and your family members – against the various risks you could encounter, like theft, flooding, and fire. Even though your home might be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Corpus Christi home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm can be startling, disorienting, and might provoke panic. Your best bet is to stay composed and abide by these simple suggestions.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Corpus Christi Triggers
You don’t want to be in this situation, but it’s also why you ordered a home alarm system in the first place. You’re roused from a deep sleep with the telltale blasting of an alarm after one of your sensors has been activated. Now what should you do?
- Try not to panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is beating rapidly. But keeping a cool head is the optimal way to evaluate what’s going on. Avoid the impulse of trying to manage the emergency on your own but instead allow your monitoring staff and first responders to carry out their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your priority should be your family and leading them out of harm’s way. In the case of a intrusion, this might involve going to a designated secure area as far from points of entry as possible. The invader was in all likelihood already frightened away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra cautious. If there’s fumes or a fire, you ought to exit your house right away.
- Remember your smartphone. The vast majority of homeowners keep their cell phones with them constantly these days, but you could forget to grab it during a crisis. Try to remember it. You’ll have the chance to stay in touch with your monitoring specialists and get updates through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24-hour Monitoring Team
Whenever your home alarm system in Corpus Christi goes off, your 24-hour monitoring specialists will instantly act. The first move is to validate your alarm, and that involves reaching out to you. The guideline they adhere to depends on the sort of emergency. For example, if the emergency is is for medical reasons, a single attempt will be made to contact you before first responders are dispatched. If you have an intrusion - the most typical kind of event - a monitoring agent will follow these procedures to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you via the command hub. You will generally be asked for a passcode.
- If that doesn’t prompt a reply, a call is attempted to your primary contact number.
- A second number or first emergency contact is attempted next.
- If there is still no answer, nearby law enforcement officers are deployed.
- Your monitoring specialists will attempt to reach you again once authorities are contacted.
If you're not able to communicate with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Assistance will still be dispatched even when you're not able to verify the emergency.
Get protection for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Corpus Christi
Stay ready for any crisis with a contemporary home alarm system in Corpus Christi from Vivint. Dial (361) 733-2385 to start designing your home’s security today.