Daily home deliveries have become commonplace for countless homeowners as a result of the rise of online shopping. You enjoy the ease of having packages dropped right in front of your door, but there is a downside. Those packages sitting in the open are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a significant problem, but you are able to protect yourself from it by installing a doorbell camera with your home security system. These components are effective tools to combat package theft, but they give you significantly more.
Take a minute to learn more about how they work and why they’ll likely be an essential part of your smart home.
Perks of a Corpus Christi video doorbell
Found in wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you an array of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to improve. You now have the ability to implement detection zones, talk to whoever’s in front of your door, and obtain immediate alerts whenever something arrives.
The simplest way to find out how a Corpus Christi video doorbell camera works is to delve into the numerous perks it gives you. Take a look at the following features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t find this on each model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging crime with signals that can be heard and seen. This is a great way to let porch pirates know somebody is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You need to see the complete picture, and that consists of the faces of individuals at your entry and packages on the surface below. Cameras with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- Crystal-clear streams at any hour: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the benefit of getting a doorbell camera? The best models will include exceptional HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you like to know when a package arrives? You are able to get immediate updates from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between people and boxes.
- Speak with the person at your door: Is someone waiting at your front door? Bi-directional audio gives you the chance to ask their purpose for being there. You could even take advantage of this beneficial feature to deter people lurking around your walkway.
- Avoid false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to set up your own detection zones. Clearly defining the area to be viewed will allow you to reduce false alarms caused by pedestrians or pets.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home offers you the chance to view current and saved video straight from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like never before, as you can access them directly from your mobile device, no matter where you are. They’ll inform you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s going on, and even let you communicate with whoever’s at your door. These devices have turned into must-haves in terms of protection and convenience.