Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Corpus Christi smart home
At the center of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into one cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in total control of your Corpus Christi home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and find suggestions to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Corpus Christi help you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you can even talk to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a backup battery and cellular capability for enhanced reliability. It also gives you convenient remote operability via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can carry out:
- Review live or recorded footage from all integrated cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Corpus Christi by programming schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke detector trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in your house and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and all sensors in your home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a message if the system isn’t prepared to arm. To illustrate, an open window or door will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then need to verify you wish to circumvent the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Corpus Christi
Despite the fact that various users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will likely want to add another user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote access, select phone or email and provide the information to dispatch an invite.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, proceed to the menu, press users, pick the user you wish to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Corpus Christi smart home. Dial (361) 733-2385 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.